Thursday, July 11, 2024

Motivation for months of July and August

Save money

How do you keep up the motivation to save money even in the summer months?

This can be extremely challenging especially in times of a heat wave, because I don’t know about you, but I end up avoiding cooking. This leads to spoiled groceries in the fridge, resulting in loss of hard earned money. However, what is also true is no matter what you do you end up with some compost just because life is not perfect.

To keep motivation high I use my weekly meal plan and plan according to weather (hot). So on peak hot days/ weeks consider meals which use the cooktop and oven less. There are 3 ways to tackle the summer heat:

First, choosing to use the stovetop to make meals in short bursts. Second, avoiding the use of the oven by making sandwiches or salads for dinner. Third, sacrifice one day and use oven to cook several meals which will keep 2-3 days.

Also, one of the stovetop ideas I had this week was egg salad sandwiches. I actually boiled the eggs in the morning when it wasn’t too hot and made the meal to completion and placed in fridge.The other idea is what I call no 7 special it’s basically a combination of cold food you find in fridge, as an example cold cuts. This can also be prepared nicely ahead of time in fridge. Therefore, all of these strategies help me remind myself that every time I cook something of hubby cooks, we are really saving hundreds of dollars. You could even install a budget app that could reflect how much money you really save over just a few months.

Consider commenting on my blogs on questions on my menu or any hacks you’ve come up with for the summer. I’d love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Motivation for months of July and August

How do you keep up the motivation to save money even in the summer months? This can be extremely challenging especially in times of a heat w...